I don’t know about you guys, but Panera Bread makes some of the best tasting soups around and I always crave them, especially the Broccoli Cheese Soup and the Potato Soup! I have FINALLY found a way to make the potato soup at home and it tastes (almost) the same!
I had searched on Food.com and came across a few recipes, which I tweaked to make it my own version. Now, I share that with you:
- In a large pot, combine the cubed potatoes, chicken broth, and spices over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat up the tablespoon of butter over medium high heat. Sauté your onions and garlic until they are softened and tasty.
- Add the onion and garlic to your large pot and bring it all to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a potato masher, smash some of the potatoes, in order to release their starches (makes the soup thicker). You can also add some flour at this point if you like it really really thick!
- Reduce to low heat.
- Slowly add the cream cheese, stirring as you go. It will look pretty unsightly at first, just keep stirring until it is melted and yummy.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls, top with some fresh parsley or chives. If you are feeling extra frisky, go ahead and top it with some shredded cheddar cheese!
Latest posts by Hayley (see all)
- ColorFoldz Giveaway! - September 8, 2017
- Dollies and Me Make Three: Project Run and Play Mini - August 29, 2017
- The Ania Dress: Coffee and Thread Pattern Tour - April 12, 2017